Support › iP18
Do you own this product?
Add the iP18 to your account to receive email notifications about software/firmware updates and more.
Get a complete list of requirements for AirPlay, iPod/iPhone docking support, and iHome+apps.
Docking connector works with:
- iPod mini, iPod nano 1st GEN, iPod nano 2nd GEN, iPod nano 3rd GEN, iPod nano 4th/5th GEN, iPod nano 6th GEN, iPod 5th GEN, iPod classic, iPod touch 1st GEN, iPod touch 2nd GEN, iPod touch 3rd GEN, iPod touch 4th GEN
- iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4/4S
What’s the warranty period for this product?
Limited 1 Year Warranty: iHome Products, a division of SDI Technologies Inc. (hereafter referred to as SDI Technologies), warrants this product to be free from defects in workmanship and materials, under normal use and conditions, for a period of 1 Year from the date of original purchase.
Can I adjust the volume on the tone/buzzer?
No, the volume on the tone/buzzer is preset. The tone/buzzer starts low and gradually increases the volume.
How to change the clock display to 12hr. mode or 24hr. mode (military time)?
Press and hold “Clock Button” for 2 seconds. Press and release “Alarm 1 or 2 button” to select 12 or 24 hour display. Press clock button again (or no button within 10 seconds) and the settings are automatically saved.
What is “Sleep mode”?
“Sleep mode” lets you fall sleep to your iPhone/iPod or radio, gradually lowering the volume until the unit shuts off at the selected time.
Can the unit operate on the back up batteries?
The backup batteries only provide continuous clock and alarm operation in the event of a power failure. Other functions will not work.
Would I lose the time and alarm settings if I replace the backup batteries?
NO, but make sure the AC adapter is connected. Otherwise, all settings may be lost during battery replacement.
The display is too dark?
Try pressing the Snooze/Dimmer Button on top of the unit repeatedly to adjust the LED brightness.
Should I disconnect the unit if I am going on vacation?
If the unit is to be left unused for an extended period of time, such as a month or longer, the power cable should be unplugged from the unit to prevent damage from power outage.
Having Problems? Find answers to specific support topics.
My iPhone/iPod didn’t charge up.
iPhone/iPod is not docked properly:
- Remove your iPhone/iPod from the dock and check for obstruction on the connectors in the dock and on your iPhone/iPod. Then reseat it in the dock.
iPhone/iPod is locked up/ frozen or battery has problem:
- Please make sure your iPhone/iPod is working properly before docking into the unit. Please refer to your iPhone/iPod manual for details.
Sound is distorted
Volume level is set too high.
- Decrease the unit volume.
Sound source is distorted.
- If original sound source file is poor quality, distortion and noise are easily noticed with high-power speakers.Try a file from a trusted audio source such as iTunes.
- If you are using an iPod Shuffle or external sound source like older generation iPod, try reducing the output volume on the device itself. Also, try turning bass boost OFF under iPod settings.
LED color lighting effect is missing/not working.
LED color mode is set to OFF.
- Press Color Button to cycle to other color LED modes.
Dimmer is set to OFF.
- Press Snooze/Dimmer Button to cycle to other brightness modes.
Unit is running on backup battery.
- Make sure the AC adaptor is properly connected to a working wall outlet and to the power supply jack on the unit.
iPhone/iPod cannot dock properly.
Possible obstruction in dock area or on iPhone/iPod (skin or protective case is in the way).
- Remove your iPhone/iPod from the connector and check for any obstruction on the connectors in the dock. Try removing case or skin from your iPhone/iPod. Then reseat it in the dock.
Playing iPhone/iPod but there is no sound.
iPhone/iPod is not docked properly.
- Remove your iPhone/iPod from the connector and check for any obstruction on the connectors in the dock and on your iPhone/iPod. Then reseat it in the dock.
Your iPhone/iPod is not playing or software is too old.
- Press play button on your iPhone/Pod to play it manually or upgrade the software on your iPhone/iPod via iTunes.
iPhone/iPod is locked up.
- Please make sure your iPhone/iPod is working properly before docking it to the unit. Please refer to your manual for details.
Using 1st or 2nd generation iPod, iPod Shuffle or other device:
- Unit cannot control those iPod Models or other divices. Please connect them with Line-in.
Unit does not turn on
AC adapter is not plugged into a working wall socket or not plugged into the power supply jack on back of the unit:
- Make sure the AC adapter is properly connected to a working wall outlet and to the power supply jack on the unit.
Wall outlet is not functioning:
- Plug another device into the same outlet to confirm the outlet is working.
- Make sure any associated wall switch that control the outlet is ON.