Support › iBN16
Do you own this product?
Add the iBN16 to your account to receive email notifications about software/firmware updates and more.
What’s the warranty period for this product?
Limited 1 Year Warranty: iHome Products, a division of SDI Technologies Inc. (hereafter referred to as SDI Technologies), warrants this product to be free from defects in workmanship and materials, under normal use and conditions, for a period of 1 Year from the date of original purchase.
How long does the internal battery last on a full charge
The internal battery can last up to 8 hours on a full charge.
Can I hear phone calls through this unit when connected via Bluetooth?
No. This unit does not have the capability to transmit phone calls. If you receive a call while listening to music, the unit will stop the Bluetooth transmission of music allowing the user to answer the call. When finished with the call, the Bluetooth transmission of music will resume.
I have the speaker connected via Bluetooth to my PC / Mac. However, I cannot hear any sound coming through the speaker?
Make sure that you have selected this unit as your “playback” device on your PC or Mac.
Windows 7/8: a. Right click on the speaker icon located on the bottom right of your screen b. Select playback devices c. Select the device you want to play and click OK.
Mac: a. Click on System preferences icon b. Click on Sound c. Select Output d. Select “iHome unit stereo” for the output source, and adjust the output volume if necessary.
The speaker volume is “low” or “inaudible.”
Make sure to charge the speaker for 4-6 hours. If the same symptom exists after a full charge, please perform the following:
A. Apple Devices: Forget iBT16
1.Tap on the “Settings” icon 2.Under Bluetooth (devices), choose the iBT16 by clicking on the arrow. 3.Tap on the Forget this Device option. 4.Tap on the Forget Device option again to confirm. 5.Pair the iBT16 to your Apple Device once again.
B. Android Devices : Delete iBT16
1.Due to the numerous Android brands, instructions on how to delete a Bluetooth device will vary.
2.Pair the iBT16 to your Android Device once again.
What is the difference between NFC Bluetooth and traditional Bluetooth on iHome models?
The NFC Bluetooth feature shortens the steps needed to establish a Bluetooth connection between an iHome product and an NFC enabled mobile device. An NFC Bluetooth connection can be established by simply bringing the mobile device within a couple of inches of the iHome product.
Having Problems? Find answers to specific support topics.
Trouble pairing device/computer with this unit.
Bluetooth implementation varies depending on your device’s hardware and operating system.
- Make sure you have the latest firmware for your device.
- When you power ON the speaker, it will automatically link with the last previously paired Bluetooth device if the device is still within range (approx. 30 feet). To pair with a different device you must turn off Bluetooth capability on the already paired device, or take it out of range.
- If your device does not auto-link when within range, re-pair the device. To do so, first delete this unit from your Bluetooth devices menu. Move the Power OFF/Bluetooth/Aux Switch on the unit to the Bluetooth position (center) to begin pairing.
- Make sure your device is working properly. Check your device’s manual for details on Bluetooth pairing and linking.
Unit doesn’t respond (no power)
- Make sure unit is completely charged.
- Check that all connections are correct and properly plugged in.
- Make sure your device is properly paired with this device.
- Make sure the Power OFF/Bluetooth/Aux Switch switch is not in the OFF (left) position.