Support › iDN38
Do you own this product?
Add the iDN38 to your account to receive email notifications about software/firmware updates and more.
Get a complete list of requirements for AirPlay, iPod/iPhone docking support, and iHome+apps.
Docking connector works with:
- iPod nano 6th GEN, iPod 4th GEN, iPod 5th GEN, iPod classic, iPod touch 1st GEN, iPod touch 2nd GEN, iPod touch 3rd GEN, iPod touch 4th GEN
- iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4/4S
What’s the warranty period for this product?
Limited 1 Year Warranty: iHome Products, a division of SDI Technologies Inc. (hereafter referred to as SDI Technologies), warrants this product to be free from defects in workmanship and materials, under normal use and conditions, for a period of 1 Year from the date of original purchase.
Can I update the firmware via the USB port and the 30-pin Dock?
Yes, either option can be used.
How can I activate the 3D function in Radio mode
The 3D function is not available in Radio mode. The 3D sound effects are available in the Dock, USB, and Aux-in modes. The 3D effects reduce noise and synthetic sound.
Can I use the Apple Lightning adapter to dock my 8-pin iPhone, iPod, or iPad?
Apple has designed 2 different "Lightning" adapters that can be used to connect these devices (8-pin) to 30-pin product line. You may visit the Apple Store online for further details. Please note that these adapters are made by Apple. We are not responsible for any limitations, issues, or damage resulting from the usage of the Apple adapters. We are providing this information as a means of keeping our customers informed.
What is “Sleep mode”?
“Sleep mode” lets you fall sleep to your iPhone/iPod or radio, gradually lowering the volume until the unit shuts off at the selected time.
The display is too dark?
Try pressing the Snooze/Dimmer Button on top of the unit repeatedly to adjust the LED brightness.
What products are compatible with AUX-input?
The Aux input 3.5mm - 1/8 inch is compatible with any analog-audio device outputting audio from a headphone or line-out jack connector.
What is the wattage output?
The unit produces 6 Watts of output.
Where can I buy a replacement CR2450 Clock Backup Battery?
Battery CR2450 is standard 3.0 V Lithium Battery (620 MAh) and it can be purchase from our website or from most electronic store.
Can the USB port charge Android devices?
Yes, the USB port will charge most Android devices.
Can the unit operate on the back up batteries?
The backup batteries only provide continuous clock and alarm operation in the event of a power failure. Other functions will not work.
Can I use this iHome unit with 30-pin and Lightning 8-pin iOS devices (iPod, iPhone, iPad)?
Yes, you can dock 30-pin devices and connect Lightning 8-pin devices to the USB port.
How to change the clock display to 12hr. mode or 24hr. mode (military time)?
At any point during time set, press either the “Alarm button" to toggle the clock display between 12hr. mode and 24hr. mode (military time).
Can I use this unit in other countries?
Yes. The power adapter is able to handle input voltage from 100 to 240VAC. You may need a plug adapter to convert for the overseas outlet. Different regions of the world use different FM radio frequency steps and ranges. You will need to select the one that matches the standards in your region (USA, EUROPE, JAPAN, AUSTRALIA, or CHINA). The default setting is USA. For more information on our international iHome products, please visit www.ihomeintl.com.
My iHome unit is not recognizing my iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod) through the dock connector.
Protective cases require removal prior to docking to the iHome unit. Please try docking the device without the protective case. NOTE: You can use the USB port to charge and play your device as well.
Having Problems? Find answers to specific support topics.
My unit doesn't respond.
Plug the AC adaptor into a working wall socket and plug the connector into the supply jack on the unit.
If unit is plugged in and doesn't respond, try resetting the unit by following these steps:
a) Remove iOS device (iPhone/iPod/iPad) from dock b) Unplug unit from power source c) Remove back up batteries d) Wait a few minutes, then reinstall battery and resume use
iPhone/iPod/iPad is not docked properly.
a) Remove your iPhone, iPod, or iPad from the dock and check for obstruction on the connectors in the dock and on your iPhone/iPod/iPad. Then reseat it in the dock. Also try removing any case or “skin” on your device that may be preventing proper contact.
Battery Low icon always flashing.
Battery are weak.
- Replace with new batteries
Battery was not installed properly.
- Check to make sure the + side is facing outwards
Unit/iPhone/iPod/iPad performance is erratic.
The unit is reacting to external interference.
- Move unit away from potential sources of external interference such as computers, modems, wireless devices (routers) or fluorescent light.
iPad/iPhone/iPod does not respond to the unit, iPad/iPhone/iPod is playing but no sound comes out.
iPad/iPhone/iPod is not docked or connected properly:
- Remove your device from the dock or USB port and check for obstruction in the dock or USB port and on your device. Replace in dock or USB port. Check that USB cables are connected.
Your iPad/iPhone/iPod software is too old:
- Upgrade software on your iPad/iPhone/iPod via iTunes on your computer.
iPad/iPhone/iPod is locked up/plays but no sound comes out:
- Check the volume setting. Make sure your iPad/iPhone/iPod is working properly before docking into the unit. Please refer to your iPad/iPhone/iPod manual for details. See above for software upgrade information. You may need to reset your iPad/iPhone/iPod. Refer to your iPad, iPhone or iPod user guide for details on how to perform a reset.
- Volume is set too low on unit or playing device.
- Make sure volume is turned up.
- The iOS device (iPhone/iPod/iPad) is not docked properly.
- Remove your iOS device (iPhone/iPod/iPad) from the connector and check for any obstruction on the connectors in the dock and on your iOS device (iPhone/iPod/iPad). Then reseat it in the dock.
- Your iOS device (iPhone/iPod/iPad) is not playing.
- Press play button on your iOS device (iPhone/iPod/iPad) to play it manually.
- The iOS device (iPhone/iPod/iPad) is locked up.
- Please make sure your iOS device (iPhone/iPod/iPad) is working properly before docking it to the unit. Please refer to your manual for details.
- Volume is set too low on unit or playing device.
iPhone/iPod/iPad didn’t charge up
iPhone/iPod/iPad is not docked/connected properly: - Remove your iPhone/iPod/iPad from the dock and check for obstruction on the connectors in the dock and on your iPhone/iPod/iPad. Then reseat it in the dock. Make sure the device is properly connected to the USB cable and to the USB port on the unit.
iPhone/iPod/iPad is locked up or Frozen / iPhone/iPod/iPad battery has problem: - Please make sure your iPhone/iPod/iPad is working properly before docking into the unit. Refer to your iPhone/iPod/iPad manual for details.
iPad is connected to USB port: - The USB port will not charge iPad models. To charge iPad with 30-pin connector, dock it in the 30-pin dock. To charge iPad model with Lightning connector, charge it using the charging cable that came with it.
Sound is distorted.
Volume level is set too high:
- Decrease the volume
Sound source is distorted:
- If the iPhone/iPod original sound source (MP3) is old or of poor quality, distortion and noise are easily noticed with high-power speakers. Try a different file from a trusted source such as iTunes.
- If you are using an external sound source like older generation of iPod or iPod Shuffle, try reducing the output volume on the device itself. Also try turning bass boost OFF.
EQ settings are too high. For example, if the treble is too high, the 3D effect may not sound as good:
- Lower EQ settings.
Unit or adaptor gets warm after extended audio playback at high volume.
- This is normal due to the power needed to drive the speakers at maximum volume. Turning the unit off for awhile or lowering volume will reduce heat.
Snooze time is too long/short.
- Custom snooze time is not set.
- Press and hold the Snooze/Dimmer Button then press + or - to adjust and customize the snooze timer.
- Custom snooze time is not set.
The alarm is not working.
AM/PM time/alarm time not set correctly:
- When setting the clock or alarm time, take note of the AM/PM indicators.
Alarm time or source selected for alarm 2 , is not alarm 1 or vice versa:
- Make sure to set the alarm time and the source for the alarm icon 1 or 2 that is shown on the clock display.
Wake schedule setting is not correct:
- 7 days is every day alarm, weekday is Mon-Fri, and weekend is Sat-Sun.
Calendar is not set correctly, which can affect wake schedule alarm operation:
- Check the Clock/Calendar setting. For fast setting, press and release the Time Sync/Set Button to sync the time to a docked iOS device or one connected via USB.
Unit does not turn on
AC adapter is not plugged into a working wall socket or not plugged into the power supply jack on back of the unit:
- Make sure the AC adapter is properly connected to a working wall outlet and to the power supply jack on the unit.
Wall outlet is not functioning:
- Plug another device into the same outlet to confirm the outlet is working.
- Make sure any associated wall switch that control the outlet is ON.