INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER / PRODUCT DESIGNER
ARE YOU A DESIGNER THAT LOVES TOYS AND ELECTRONICS? DO YOU HAVE PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH LICENSED PRODUCTS? Come join our design team! We are seeking a well-rounded, creative, vocal, passionate, and talented product designer who can contribute to our diverse, cross-functional team. As a well-established, leading manufacturer with many powerful licensed brands, we deliver a broad range of role-play and electronic toys, youth and adult consumer electronics, and educational products that are recognized and appreciated around the world. We are located in Rahway, New Jersey across from the train station with easy access to New York and all points north or south. To learn more, please visit us at: www.kiddesigns.com and www.ekids.com
The product designer will be responsible for the design and development of new products within our many licensed toy and consumer electronic brands as well as researching and defining new product opportunities. Knowledge and understanding of current technology, fashion, & lifestyle trends is essential to this position. From initial concepts to sketch models, prototypes, packaging, engineering, colors, graphics and materials, the individual will work collaboratively within a cross-functional team while supporting other team members to ensure design intent and integrity is maintained throughout all stages of product development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or related field.
- 5+ years experience in Industrial Design, Toy Design, or related field.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Solidworks, Illustrator, and Photoshop applications.
- A creative thought process with the ability to inspire and challenge the status quo.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate ideas both verbally and visually.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining attention to details.
- Ability to identify and adapt consumer and lifestyle trends from unrelated industries into new product opportunities for the organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a cross-functional team.
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with focus on schedule and deliverables.
All applicants must submit a PDF portfolio (8MB max) or portfolio website address along with their current resume to email@example.com. Resumes submitted without a portfolio will not be considered.
US applicants only.
Local candidates preferred.